Friday, March 6, 2009

ISAT testing is over!

This week has been a long one for both the students and teachers. Students have done an outstanding job taking ISATs and deserve a relaxing weekend before starting a new trimester.

Monday starts the third and final trimester for the eighth graders. I am looking forward teaching the students in math during this time. It is a time where most of the math they are learning is new to them and it makes my job really fun!

In math we will be starting our study of linear functions. This is a huge stepping stone to Algebra 1. Success with this chapter will definitely get the students a step ahead in high school.

In Algebra we will be continuing our study of quadratic functions.

All of my classes will be using the new interactive whiteboard all next week in my classroom. (YEA!) I do not have one permanently, but one of the great features of this whiteboard is that it is portable.

No comments: