Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekly Update

I can't seem to get over how quickly this school year is moving. It seems like just yesterday I was meeting this group of students for the first time, and here I am thinking about turning on my heat at home!

This week in Algebra we will continue reviewing what students knew about Linear Functions and really start building on that knowledge. We will definitely be learning new material from here on out and I am really excited about it. It is great to see their wheels turning! This class has been asking some really thoughtful questions already and I love to see their interest and enthusiasm.

In math, we are finishing up Chapter 2 with a test on Tuesday. I am proud of how well the students have been coping without the use of calculators in this chapter. They aren't used to being without them, but they have not really complained and have done well. (Maybe we should go the whole year;) We will start Chapter 3 on Wednesday and will be solving equations.

Have a great week.

No comments: