Friday, August 26, 2011

Week of 8/29/11

This week we will start setting our routines for the year in math. By the end of the week students should know what my expectations are in all aspects of math class.

On Tuesday we will be taking MAP tests during math class. This will give me a good idea where students are academically in math and allow me to better tailor my instruction to meet their needs.

In Algebra we will start with Chapter One. Since much of this chapter is review, I have compacted it into a few days. This is done with much of the first few chapters. I also offer pre-tests on this material as a way for students to move beyond material they have already mastered. Students will not be allowed to use calculators for these chapters.

In Math we also will be working in Chapter One. Most of this material should be review and should get the students minds thinking about math again. This is a time where they are setting up habits and showing me what they know, so it is important that they take this review seriously.

I am looking forward to a great week!!

No comments: