Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Visit to Downers Grove South

This week I made a visit to Downers Grove South to observe 9th grade math classes and talk with the math department. The purpose of this visit is to see how our former students are doing and what we can do to make the transition to high school math as smooth as possible. It was very useful to actually observe the different math classes available for freshmen. I also really enjoyed seeing all of the teachers using SMART boards to present their lessons! I am a little jealous of the students and wish I had been exposed to such great technology when I was in school. I don't feel that old, but we just had chalk and chalkboards in our math classes!! It was also fun to see some of my former students in their math classes. I think they were a little scared I was there to check up on them:)

No comments: