Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A little overdue!

This has definitely been an exciting start to the school year. I have been so busy getting to know my students and planning for my classes that I have completely forgotten to update my blog!

So what have we been doing? In homebase, we went on our Irons Oaks field trip. My homebase had an awesome facilitator, (not me) so they had a very positive experience and great time. In homebase we have been getting to know each other. Most recently we watched the Black Eyed Peas' Flash Mob dance on Oprah. We thought it was so cool how they got thousands of people to come together and be a part of the performance. If you have not seen it you can find a video of it on YouTube.

In algebra we are sailing along. We are still reviewing, right now focusing on solving equations. Soon we will be into brand new material. (I can't wait, I love to teach them things they have never learned!)

In math students are taking their Chapter 1 test today. We will begin Chapter 2, Integers, tomorrow. They don't know it yet, but this will be a chapter without calculators. (Ut-oh) It really is necessary to assess their understand of operations with positive and negative numbers.

Please feel free to contact me with any comments or questions as the year progresses!!

No comments: